Broadway Dance Academy and Performing Arts
2019-2020 Registration Policies
· Upon registration, the first month and June’s tuition are due along with a $25 dollar registration fee, which will be non-refundable.
· Payment is due on the 1st of the month. Our tuition is based on 32 to 33 weeks of instruction and is divided into 8-9 payments. If payment is not received by close of business on the 9th, a late fee of $10.00 will be posted to your account on the 10th of the month.
· The last payment (#8) is in April and is a combination of APRIL & MAY’S TUITION.
· Any returned checks will be subjected to a $30 returned check fee. Any account showing two or more returned checks will be required to pay by credit card or cash
· Costume & Recital tickets CANNOT be taken home unless your account is paid in full. Tickets to any of our shows are NON-REFUNDABLE.
· Tuition will not be prorated for missed classes, holidays, or school closures.
· We offer a 10% discount for tuition paid in full for the year by September 15th, 2021. (Can not be combined with any other discounts.) If a student withdraws from class the ofﬁce must be notiﬁed IMMEDIATELY in writing in order to stop billing on the account. You will be responsible for tuition until the ofﬁce is notiﬁed of your withdrawal. For payments made in full, no refunds will be made after November 1, 2021.
· All tuition, costume, and competition fees MUST be paid in full before a student is permitted to participate in any performance.
· If a student withdraws from class the ofﬁce must be notiﬁed IMMEDIATELY in writing in order to stop billing on the account. You will be responsible for tuition until the ofﬁce is notiﬁed of your withdrawal. No refunds will be made after November 1, 2021. After November 1, 2021, you will receive a credit that can be used towards other BDA programs.
· Forms of payment we accept are Cash, Check, Visa & Mastercard, Discover. Android/Apple Pay accepted.
· AUTOPAY IS REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS/PERFORMERS AT BDA. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Absences and Studio Emergency Closings:
· If your child will be missing a class, please call before the class starts to let the teacher know
· Students are entitled to make up a missed class; this must be done within the 2019-2020 dance year.
· Please check our Web site www.BroadwayDanceAcademy.net, Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/broadwaydanceacademyandperformingarts or Instagram bdapa for snow and emergency cancellations. (No refunds or credits will be granted due to inclement weather closings.). Make-up classes by appt. only
Dance Attire and Etiquette - STRICTLY ENFORCED!
· Please see the registration confirmation form for dance attire or website under class requirements.
· Cell phones, chewing gum, and jewelry will not be permitted in class.
· No street clothes or street sneakers permitted in the classrooms.
· BDA is a Bully Free Zone.
· For girls, hair should be pulled back in a bun or a ponytail.
· October 1st ~ Costume deposits are due. No costume will be ordered without a deposit.
· October~ Students will be measured. We do leave room for growth when ordering the costumes. Costumes are not custom-made; BDA is not responsible for alterations.
· December 1st ~ Costume balance will be due.
· November 1st ~ Costume orders are placed by BDA, there are no refunds. Once ordered, costumes must be paid in full, with no exceptions.
· Costume prices are approximately $100. If required, tights for recreational students are included.
-Competition Team $100 and up.
-Costumes sized Adult X-Large or bigger will be charged an extra $20.00.
· Account must be paid in full in order to receive your costume.
· Dates for the recital will be announced during the year
· Dates for ticket sales (non-refundable). We are not responsible for lost or forgotten tickets.
· We cannot guarantee families with more than one child or children taking multiple classes will be in the same recital.
· Accounts must be paid in full in order to purchase tickets.
Parents of Our Younger Students
Parents of children ages 2 through 4 must remain in the lobby the entire class.
Broadway Dance Academy & Performing Arts
5604 Merrick Road, Massapequa, NY 11858
BDA'S CODE OF CONDUCT
-Students are expected to attend class and be punctual.
-Disruptive talking or behavior in class will lead to an early dismissal of any student.
-Respect for teachers, parents, and peers will be expected at all times. Cliques or bullying will not be tolerated. Students behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave the class and parents will be contacted. If the behavior is not corrected, the dancer will be removed from all classes and no refund will be provided.
-No outdoor shoes in the dance rooms. Please store all shoes in the cubbies provided in the lobby and not on the floor, as this is a tripping hazard.
-No running in the dance rooms, touching mirrors, or hanging on the barres.
-Any student arriving late must check in at the front desk or their teacher.
-Students must be dressed in proper attire for each class and stick to BDA’s dress code policy at all times. https://broadwaydanceacademy.net/about/what-to-wear
-Students must treat the studio as if it is their home. Please clean up all messes and throw out any food/water bottles or garbage in the bins provided in the lobby.
-Stealing/Theft of any kind at the dance studio will result in immediate dismissal.
-No food/gum, cell phones of any kind are allowed in the classrooms. Water bottles with lids are permitted and encouraged.
-No swearing, foul language, or inappropriate behavior is allowed in the Dance Studio.
-Students are advised to not leave the premises between classes without adult supervision OR without the parents signing off on the Code of Conduct form. See form HERE!
-We encourage all of our students to work hard, try hard & be the best performer that they can be!
-Communicate regularly with the studio via email, phone calls & band (posts/messages).
-Ensure that your student(s) attends classes regularly in proper dress code and on time.
-Inform the school promptly about absences or late arrivals.
-Be sure to pick up students on time from classes (our classes are 1 hour long).
-Encourage and help your child to follow the student code of conduct.
-Do not interrupt classes while in progress. Please make an appointment at the front desk if you wish to book a meeting with a teacher.
-Please label all belongings (especially shoes) and leave valuables at home. Broadway Dance Academy & Performing Arts cannot be held responsible for any lost, stolen, or missing belongings. Please check the lost and found bins in our dressing room as all items will be donated after a certain time.